Uses Glass Bottles Insuring Low Environmental Impact,
Provides $1 Back to Consumers Returning Bottles,
Donates Its Organic Pulp to Non-Profit Farming Program
DALLAS, TEXAS, UNITED STATES, April 17, 2017 /EINPresswire.com/ — The commitment to the earth and its well-being is a founding principle of Buda Juice® (budajuice.com). A focus on low environmental impact and recycling is an important part of the company’s business and operations every day.
“Buda Juice strongly believes in the health of our planet and in the health and well-being of each of our customers,” said Horatio Lonsdale-Hands, Co-founder, Chairman & CEO, Buda Juice. “We also strongly believe in going further by recycling our bottles and donating hundreds and hundreds of pounds of organic pulp that comes from our kitchens to non-profit farms in the Dallas area.”
There are three specific ways that Buda Juice commits itself to helping Mother Earth:
1. Glass bottles only — Buda Juice is the only company offering cold-pressed, USDA Certified Organic, fresh and unprocessed, glass-bottled juice with a cold chain from farm to bottle to the consumer. Buda Juice believes in glass bottles, which mean a low environmental impact, and also help to retain the flavors. Glass is 100% natural, 100% recyclable. Many other companies bottle in plastic, which is made from chemicals, can mimic hormones, and cannot be recycled back into bottles. Plastic is also known to leach compounds when paired with citrus and other foods.
2. Empty Exchange Program — Consumers benefit from the Buda Juice “Empty Exchange” program, which provides Buda-fans with a $1 off their next purchase for each bottle that is returned ($.50 for a boost bottle).
3. Pulp Recycling to Non-Profit Farming Programs — Recycling is an important principle of Buda Juice and the company donates hundreds of pounds of its organic pulp to local, non-profit farming programs in Dallas including:
• Bonton Farms — bontonfarms.org/ Bonton Farms is situated in the South Dallas community of Bonton, an area ravaged by generational poverty, crime and classified by the USDA as a food desert. 63% of Bonton residents lack personal transportation and the nearest grocery store is a 3-hour round-trip bus ride away. In this unlikely setting, Bonton Farms is cultivating a sustainable and vibrant urban farm utilizing the most innovative urban gardening and animal husbandry techniques available. The mission statement at Bonton Farms is “An agricultural intervention to restore lives, create jobs and ignite hope in the most forgotten and neglected neighborhoods for the most marginalized and vulnerable people.”
• Buda Juice’s organic pulp is used as a supplement to feed the free-range chickens, pigs and goats. On the days they use Buda Juice pulp, Bonton Farms can realize an overall financial saving as they don’t have to use the costly feed they must buy. A representative from Bonton Farms comes to Buda Juice’s Dallas Design District corporate kitchen every Tuesday to pick up 300 to 500 pounds of fresh organic pulp.
Buda Juice Background:
Founded in 2014, Buda Juice currently has 50 locations: 21 branded locations and 18 Buda Zen hospitality outlets in Texas and 11 locations in Toronto, Canada. Its Zen Juices can also be found at restaurants and hospitality locations throughout Dallas-Fort Worth. budajuice.com/locations The company has an E-Store on its website and ships nationwide. Buda Juice is the only company in the United States that offers certified organic, fresh, unprocessed cold-pressed juices in glass bottles, available to consumers coast to coast. The Buda Juice menu includes 9 fresh juices, an orange boost, a turmeric boost, Zen Orange Juice, and Zen Grapefruit Juice along with the Buda Almond Milk and the Buda Basilato Soup. One, three and five day cleanses help customers to detoxify and energize. Buda Juice is known for its knowledgeable Buda ambassadors in every one of its stores, attired in logoed clothing, who offer complimentary samples from the menu. shop.budajuice.com
Why is Buda Better? It is the only company offering cold-pressed, USDA Certified Organic, fresh and unprocessed, glass bottled juice with a cold chain from farm to bottle to the consumer. (See chart comparing list of national juice companies in Dropbox at end of release.)
Buda Juices are:
• Certified organic — Buda Juice gets all ingredients straight from organic farmers and all produce is USDA certified organic. There are no pesticides or GMOs blended into a Buda Juice. Buda Juice's direct relationships with farmers means that all the produce is very, very fresh — the vegetables and fruits go straight onto the refrigerated truck to the refrigerated kitchen and the company’s presses, without sitting on trucks or supermarket shelves for days or weeks. Buda Juice goes typically from farm to consumer in 5 days or less. If Buda Juice can’t source it organically, they don’t juice it.
• Cold-pressed — Buda Juice state-of-the-art kitchens in both Dallas and Toronto are 35°F year round and the company is SQF (Safe Quality Food Institute) certified and Juice HACCP certified meaning they hold themselves to the highest industry standards. All ingredients are kept refrigerated from farm to bottle to the consumer, so that there's an unbroken cold chain—the only juice company to do so. Once bottled, Buda Juice ships with ice packs or delivers in refrigerated trucks. Cold slows down the oxidation process, maximizing nutrients and enzymes.
• Glass bottles — Buda Juice believes in glass bottles, which mean a low environmental impact, and also help to retain the flavors. Glass is 100% natural, 100% recyclable. Plastic is made from chemicals, can mimic hormones, and cannot be recycled back into bottles. Plastic is also known to leach compounds when paired with citrus and other foods. Consumers also benefit from the “Empty Exchange” program with a $1 off their next purchase when a bottle is returned ($.50 for a boost bottle). Recycling is an important principle of Buda Juice and the company donates its organic pulp to local, non-profit farming programs.
• Raw and Unprocessed — Never processed or pasteurized in any way nor contaminated by pesticides or chemicals with no HPP (high pressure processing) to extend the shelf life of its juice, each hand-squeezed bottle of Buda Juice is full of nutrients, enzymes, vitamins, and raw energy just as nature intended.
DROPBOX Link to high-res images:
All Images Courtesy of Buda Juice
The Buzzell Company
email us here
Source: EIN Presswire